Revision as of 17:55, 2 December 2008 by 220.127.116.11
This is a cheatsheet for util-vserver. Some of these recipes have been arrived at by users, using trial and error, so they may not always be the "official" solutions.
Where to find the latest util-vserver ?
- Look here:
- and for the lastest kernel patch:
How to add an IP address to a live guest ?
- create the address on the host:
ifconfig eth0:10 172.16.0.145/12or
ip addr add dev eth0 172.16.0.145/12or even
ip addr add dev dummy0 172.16.0.145/12
- add the adress:
naddress --nid guestname --add --ip 172.16.0.145 --bcast 172.31.255.255
- Depending on what you use the vserver for, you may not want the broadcast thing at all; you can also use a /32 mask for the IP in this case.
- add the ip to the config directory to make it stick if you restart
- enter the guest and verify services that need to listen on the ip, restart if necessary (for me it was not).
How to change the machine type live ?
- For this you can use the vuname command,
- exemple "sudo vuname --xid 40133 -s -t 'machine=i686'"
- Possible values for TAG are:
- context, sysname, nodename, release, version, machine, domainname