Revision as of 14:55, 4 November 2008 by 188.8.131.52
This is a cheatsheet for util-vserver. Some of these recipes have been arrived at by users, using trial and error, so they may not always be the "official" solutions.
Where to find the latest util-vserver ?
- Look here:
- and for the lastest kernel patch:
How to add an IP address to a guest ?
- create the address on the host:
ifconfig eth0:10 172.16.0.145/12or
ip addr add dev eth0 172.16.0.145/12or even
ip addr add dev dummy0 172.16.0.145/12
- add the adress:
naddress --nid guestname --add --ip 172.16.0.145 --bcast 172.31.255.255
- Depending on what you use the vserver for, you may not want the broadcast thing at all; you can also use a /32 mask for the IP in this case.
- add the ip to the config directory to make it stick if you restart
- enter the guest and verify services that need to listen on the ip, restart if necessary (for me it was not).