Mainline Kernel Virtualization
Revision as of 02:56, 21 October 2006 by Bertl
Actively Developed Patches
- 19.09.2006 Containers(V2) by Rohit Seth (from Google) based on CPUsets
- Over the limit memory handler is called when number of pages (anon + pagecache) exceed the limit. Currently, this memory handler scans the mappings and tasks belonging to container (file and anonymous) and tries to deactivate pages. If the number of page cache pages is also high then it also invalidate mappings.
- 20.10.2006 Generic Containers Patchset by Paul Menage (from Google) based on CPUset subsystem
- This patchset extracts the process grouping code from cpusets into a generic container system, and makes the cpusets code a client of the container system.
- It also provides a very simple additional container subsystem to do per-container CPU usage accounting; this is primarily to demonstrate use of the container subsystem API, but is useful in its own right.