Difference between revisions of "Debugging"
Revision as of 23:06, 7 February 2008
In the case that the core developers cannot reproduce a problem you're running into, it's recommended to use Qemu and known filesystem and kernel images and go from there, then providing the necessary changes (probably a tar file or maybe patch of the changed files).
NOTE: I (User:pflanze) couldn't get through all of this yet, this is just a start, this page needs to be completed.
- install qemu (preferably >= 9.0 since that supposedly has (even) easier networking) on any machine (no need to run vserver). You don't need the qemu acceleration kernel module.
- get a kernel image (needs something (what?) configured to be able to run under Qemu?), for example, http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/QEMU/bzImage-22.214.171.124-vs126.96.36.199
- get a root image from http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/QEMU/?C=M&O=D
<Bertl> the 32M_public2 img should suffice
- since that image has outdated tools, get http://vserver.13thfloor.at/Stuff/QEMU/util-vserver-0.30.214_bin.tar.bz2 (to be unpacked under / in the root image)
- to get the above into the running Qemu, get networking to work. How to do that is to be done in another session.